CORRECTION: I now make this with 2/3 cup less sugar because I found the original amount to be too sweet. Don't cut down on the butter; you will lose the richness this recipe is great for.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups white sugar (I will reduce this by at least 1/2 c the next time I make these)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into the egg mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate morsels. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove, and cool pan on wire rack before cutting. *** My toothpick did not come out clean...I think it was because of the chocolate chips (obviously they will be melted). I considered it done when the edges were firm. The center remained very moist and incredibly chocolaty, but this is why everyone loved it.