Basil Baked Tilapia
Source: recipezaar.com (which is now food.com)
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 thin fish fillets , like tilapa
- 1 lemon, juice of (3 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs (I use Panko if I have them on hand)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Pour wine and butter into glass measuring cup and microwave on high until butter begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Spread basil leaves over bottom of 9 X 13 glass baking dish, reserving a few large ones for the top of the fish.
- Place fillets over the remaining basil.
- Remove the wine mixture from the microwave and add fresh lemon juice.
- Stir or whisk the wine mixture and pour over the fish.
- Season the fish with the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the onion powder and bread crumbs evenly over the fish, then add paprika.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil, place in lower third of preheated oven, for 12 minutes.
- Uncover fish and continue to cook until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 2-3 more minutes.
Source: My own
- 2 big sweet potatoes
- About 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Peel the potatoes. Slice them lengthwise, then cut into long strips. Half lengthwise once more.
2. Drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat all sides of the potatoes when tossed. Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
3. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn each fry over. Bake for an additional 10 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork.