This is a delicious sauce that can go on any seafood or even chicken. I found this recipe on the back of an ad for Bonefish Grill which I received in the mail years ago, and I've been making it ever since! It makes a lot, so I usually halve it and then freeze the rest. Everyone likes it - the flavors of ginger and cilantro are delicious. Rockfish, by the way, is my favorite filet of fish - it is a mild, firm, white fish d flavor and flakes into huge pieces; worth stopping by Whole Foods for fresh filets!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. coarsely chopped cilantro
- In a medium sauce pan, sautee the minced ginger in the olive oil until fragrant.
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine the soy sauce, ketchup, oyster sauce, lemon juice and water and add to sauté pan.
- Bring the mixture to a slow boil, then slowly add sugar over low-med heat for about 5 minutes.
- If desired, add a little hot water to the sauce to thin it.