- 6 medium leeks (about 2 1/4 pounds), whites only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise, cleaned
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) of reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 baking potato (8 oz), peeled and diced
- coarse salt
- 1/4 c heavy cream (I used half n half)
- 1/2 c snipped fresh chives
1. In a large saucepan, combine the leeks, broth, potato, 2 cups of water, and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender, transferring it to a clean bowl as you work. Stir the cream into the pureed soup, and season with salt. Garnish with the chives and serve immediately.