- 1 pound cod fillet
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cured olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rub cod with 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with pepper. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 20 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add olives and capers; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds more. Stir in oregano and vinegar; remove from heat. Spoon the tapenade over the cod to serve.