So quick, easy, and delicious! I took advantage of using cooked shrimp in this recipe and just bought pre-cooked frozen shrimp. I allowed it to thaw in the fridge the night before. Be sure to use fresh cilantro and spritz your meal with your lime wedge; the fresh flavors are amazing. Finish this off with a cold summer beer :-)
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp, (see Ingredient Note), tails removed, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles, (not drained)
- 2 cups canned green enchilada sauce, or green salsa, divided
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can nonfat refried beans
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese, such as Mexican-style cheese blend, Monterey Jack or Cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine shrimp, corn, chiles and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Cover and microwave on High until heated through, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in the prepared baking dish. Top with a layer of 6 overlapping tortillas. Spread refried beans evenly over the tortillas. Top the beans with the shrimp mixture, followed by the remaining 6 tortillas. Pour the remaining sauce (or salsa) over the tortillas. Cover with foil.
- Bake the casserole until it begins to bubble on the sides, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil; sprinkle cheese on top. Continue baking until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.