- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- Proof yeast for ten minutes. Add all ingredients to stand mixer and mix for about 1 minute. Then switch to dough hook and knead on low until a ball of dough forms. Place in greased bowl and allow to rise for two hours.
- Punch dough down and form into 36 balls. Place 3 balls into each cup of a prepared cupcake pan. Allow to rise for one more hour.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
Whip one stick of salted butter with 1/4 cup of honey on medium high for about 5 minutes. Transfer to pretty ramekins.