- 1 2-pound roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed, or canned corn, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, barbecue sauce, beans, corn and sour cream; stir to combine. Cook until hot, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Assemble the wraps by placing a lettuce leaf in the center of each tortilla and topping with one-fourth of the chicken mixture; roll as you would a burrito. Slice in half diagonally and serve warm, with lime wedges.
- 3 cans of dark red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
1. In a food processor, puree the beans with water until smooth. Set aside
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeno and cook for 5-8 minutes until tender and fragrant.
3. Add the garlic and cumin to the skillet for thirty seconds.
4. Add the beans to the skillet and stir. Simmer over medium-low heat until the beans have thickened, about 8 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add the cilantro. Season with salt.