- 2 Large limes
- 1/2 C. Rice vinegar
- 1/3 C. chunky peanut butter
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Asian sesame oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (approx 1.5 lbs) cut into thick strips
1. Grate 1 tsp lime zest and squeeze 1/4 C juice from limes. Whisk together the lime zest and juice, vinegar, and peanut butter until smooth in a glass or ceramic bowl. Stir in the cilantro, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Reserve about 1/2 C of the mixture in a separate bowl for use as a sauce. Add the chicken to the marinade and turn to coat. Can marinade for 30 minutes at room temp or cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
2. Oil your BBQ grill rack or preheat a broiler in your oven. Oil the pan if using the oven. When ready, remove the chicken from the marinade and discard it. Divide strips among 8 skewers, threading the strips on lengthwise. Place skewers on grill or put them on a baking sheet if using the oven broiler. Cook, turning once, until seared on the outside and cooked inside, probably 6-8 minutes or so (depending on heat). Drizzle with separately reserved sauce and serve, passing any additional sauce at table.