Source: Everyday with Rachel Ray (with changes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 15 ounce cans white beans, rinsed
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes; transfer to a plate.
Add the butter, garlic, herbes de Provence, onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
Gradually stir in 3 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and edamame and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the white beans and bring to a simmer. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until firm and opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.