Source: Everyday Food
- Prep Time20 minutes
- Total Time20 minutes
- Yield Serves 6 - 8
- 1 1/2 cups of very strong coffee (I brewed 5 tablespoons of dark roast coffee with 1 3/4 cups of water)
- 1 bar (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) soft ladyfingers (these can be, unfortunately, hard to find - I got mine at Trader Joe's)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- Make coffee; set aside to cool. (I cheated and popped a few ice cubes in mine).
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread a few tablespoons of cream-cheese mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart serving dish. Separate ladyfingers. One by one, dip the ladyfingers in espresso until they just start to feel soft. Don't over do it or you will end up with a soggy mess! Then arrange in bottom of dish. Spread with a third of cream-cheese mixture. Repeat twice with remaining ladyfingers, espresso, and cream-cheese mixture (can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day).
- Dust with cocoa just before serving. (To make this extra chocolaty, you could try dusting each layer with chocolate.