This recipe is bursting with flavor and nutrients. It was also quick and easy - perfect for Monday night. I served this with organic brown rice and drizzled a fat free Asian sesame dressing over the arugula. Since I was cooking for two, I just halved the ingredients for the salsa and had a little left over - just made it easier than dividing everything by three. I took it easy on the jalapeno and red onion since we aren't big into spice. I had not made this before tonight, but this is definitely a keeper.
Source: Everyday Food
- 2 avocados, diced small
- 2 cups finely diced pineapple
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 skin-on halibut fillets (4 to 6 ounces each) (I used tilapia since I couldn't find any halibut)
- Arugula, for serving
- Heat broiler, with rack in upper third. In a medium bowl, stir together avocados, pineapple, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and place fish, skin side down, on sheet; season with salt and pepper. Broil until fish is opaque throughout, about 8 minutes. Top fish with salsa and serve with arugula.