- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 to 4 lbs of chicken, beef, or pork
- In a bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, steak sauce, water, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic until thoroughly mixed.
- Pierce several holes into meat with a sharp knife, and place in a shallow dish. Stir marinade once more and slowly pour over meat, smothering the top with the garlic and onions.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or up to 36 hours. Cook as desired.
***To make the lime-jalapeno dressing: Mix together juice of one lime and one diced jalapeno (seeds removed) with 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over tacos.
(Dressing and tacos adapted from a recipe of Rachael Ray)
This little plastic gadget from Bed, Bath, and Beyond can really save you some time in the kitchen, especially if you're like me and use a lot of garlic. To use, just insert the cloves, press down, and roll with the palm of your hand. The garlic is ready to use and the peels stay behind in the sleeve. Genius!